It’s our Great Girvan Cask (& bottle) giveaway.
That’s right – you could become the proud owner of the very same whisky cask which homed our latest exclusive Old Smithy bottling of 12 yo single cask, single grain Scotch Whisky.
Ok, ok – so the cask is empty of course – we’ve bottled it at a whopping 62.5% abv and because we’re nice – we’ll also give you a bottle of the whisky too.
But what (you may ask) would I do with an empty whisky cask?? “Loads of things” we would reply (see the bottom of the page!) But whilst you’re deciding – you’ll also get a bottle of this whisky to drink with it too. Double-win!
So how do I get hold of this fine thing?
All you have to do is show us some love in one or multiple of the following ways..;
- Like, follow and share our Girvan post on Facebook – and tag in a couple of friends too.
- Like, repost and comment on our Twitter post – again, mentioning a few friends who may want to do the same.
- On Instagram – do the same. Like us, love us and tell us how great we are.
- Join our mailing list (see below).
- Do all of these for more chances of winning.
So what’s the catch?
There is none. We have an empty cask, and some people… well, they like empty casks. I suppose the biggest catch is that you will need to pay for carriage!
When is the draw?
We will draw the winner on 25th October, 2019.
Here’s what used to live in the cask!
Build a drinks cabinet
Say no more. I’m doing this now. Probably won’t work as well as this, and a door might fall off – but it’s a great idea.
Make a Cold Smoker
Just imagine the whisky-infused flavours you get get into meats, cheese, fish. Stuff. You’d be a BBQ LEGEND in absolutely no time at all!!
Navigate Niagra Falls
Just to be clear – this is a ridiculous idea and we strongly recommend you don’t try this at all.!!
This lady, Mrs. Annie Edson Taylor (50) did it in 1901. And survived.
Make a Cask-Chair
Ok – perhaps this one needs a bit more selling… Have you ever been to Ardbeg Distillery? Try to recreate that ‘historical distillery’ look by whitewashing your house and putting cask chairs round the back for tourists to sit on and pose for pictures…
At the very least, you will have created your own Whisky Throne where you will be a King in your own garden. Just make sure you sand off any splinters.
Make Stuff from the Staves
Like a glass holder, or coat rack, or skis or… erm, I don’t know. Make ‘stuff’.
It’s A Planter!
That’s right – you *could* completely waste this opportunity for greatness and just cut the cask in half, fill it with soil and put some shrubs in it. I suppose it would look nice in the summer, but really..?
Here’s the Terms & Conditions;
- Winner must be aged 18 or older.
- The winner will be picked at random on 25th October 2019.
- We do this by asking a random stranger in the shop to select from four categories (i.e.; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Mail List). We then ask them to select a date (i.e.; Tuesday 2nd) – then ask them to select a number (i.e.; 25th). SO, the 25th person who did the necessary on the 2nd on a certain channel will be the winner!
- Q: If I join the mail list will you bombard me with nonsense and sell my data to the highest bidder? Absolutely not. That sounds far too technical for us – plus we respect your privacy.
- Q: If I win – how to I get the cask? Well, collecting it would be easier. If you’d like it posting, I’m afraid you’ll have to pick up the cost of that. (We can work that out from your postcode).
- Q: Can I use it to mature my own whisky? We’d recommend not. Leave that to the people who know what they are doing. Not only is this dangerous – but probably very illegal too. We have some suggestions of what you can do with your cask on this page!
Browse the rest of our store