Incredible wine knowledge and all-round good chap.
Nick graduated with a BA (Hons) in Business Management from Oxford Brookes, and is also one of only 368 Masters of Wine (or MWs) in the world.
Having grown up in IDV (UK) – aka Diageo – Nick ran and helped to build the then famous Agency house of Geoffrey Roberts in the 1990s after that great wine pioneer sadly died at a young age. Today he owns and run the wine consultancy business First Glass Wine Service Ltd., working with high quality hotels and restaurants, wine merchants and producers.
Over the years he has had the privilege to visit some of the greatest estates including:
- Comte Georges de Vogüé, Bonneau du Martray, Maison Joseph Drouhin, Domaine Leflaive and Domaine Chanson in Burgundy
- Châteaux Lafite-Rothschild and Lafleur in Bordeaux
- Maison Chapoutier in the Rhône
- Bollinger and Pierre Gimonnet in Champagne
- Sassicaia Tenuta San Guido
- Tenuta dell’Ornellaia
- Taylor & Fonseca Ports
- Henschke Australia
- Ridge Vineyards California
Nick has known and worked with Julian and The Wright Wine Company for over 10 years, initially in partnership with the prestigious Michelin-starred hotel and restaurant Northcote in Lancashire. This role has since expanded into other areas of support, advise and consultancy.